Submissions for Sex & Sorcery 5 will open later in 2018. Please make sure you are familiar with the series before submitting and read the guidelines below.
What we want:
- We want erotic epic fantasy stories. Simple, right?
- Erotic means sex must be integral to the story. Anything goes – from romance to hardcore – as long as it is sexy.
- Epic fantasy means set in another world. No paranormal romance please. We love elves and orcs but we are particularly interested in unusual and original settings.
- Stories means stories. We want characters; we want a beginning, a middle and an end.
- We want stories between 4,000 and 8,000 words. We may take a few stories up to 12,000 but please query first.
What we pay:
- We pay $0.01 per word for world electronic rights (up to a maximum of $100).
- We ask for exclusive rights for two years and non-exclusive rights thereafter.
Submissions should be sent as a Word attachment formatted as below:
- 11pt Verdana
- 1.15 line spacing
- 6pt space after paragraph (no line breaks between paragraphs)
- First line indent 1.5cm (no indenting through tab)
Please include in the covering email: title, author name for publication, word count and PayPal address for payment.
Short Story Collections
We are not currently open to short story collections from writers we don’t have an existing relationship with. If you are a short story writer and interested in working with us, please consider submitting to Sex & Sorcery or pitching us a novella.
We are currently open to submissions for 30,000+ word stories for our Uruk Novellas range. Please query us by sending a covering email and synopsis. We would particularly like to see more science fiction submissions.
We are currently closed to submissions for novels.